Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the scheduled shipping date of RH2020-02 and NS2020-02 survey has been changed. The newly scheduled dates have been updated in each program website.
Preventive Medicine Foundation is a non-governmental, non-political and not-for-profit organization. It was established in 1987. We have provided External Quality Assurance ( EQA ) programs for clinical laboratories and newborn screening centers since 1988, including EQA programs for Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency ( G6PD ) quantitative test, G6PD screening test, and congenital hypothyroidism confirmatory tests. In addition to EQA programs, we started to provide G6PD Internal Quality Control ( IQC ) programs in 2008. More than 90 international newborn screening centers and clinical laboratories ( from 14 countries ) have participated in our EQA and/or IQC programs at present time.
We are the member of Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute ( CLSI ) and European organisation for External Quality Assurance Providers in Laboratory Medicine ( EQALM ).
External Quality Assurance Programs
- EQA program for Neonatal G6PD Screening Test — Since 1999
- EQA program for G6PD Quantitative Test in Taiwan — Since 1988
- EQA program for G6PD Quantitative Test in Philippines — Since 2009
- EQA program for Congenital Hypothyroidism Confirmatory Tests — 2010 ~ 2018
Internal Quality Control Programs
- IQC program for G6PD Quantitative Test — Since 2008
- IQC program for Neonatal G6PD Screening Test — Since 2012
- IQC program for Neonatal TSH Screening Test — Since 2018
- IQC program for Neonatal Phe Screening Test — Since 2018
- IQC program for Neonatal 17-OHP Screening Test — Since 2018
- IQC program for Neonatal Tandem Mass Screening Test — Since 2018
Reports of EQA Survey
2019 4th Run
for Neonatal G6PD Screening Test ( Survey No.：NS2019-04 )
2019 G6PD EQA Program Participants Workshop